Random Rants & News

microsoft, seattle, hamburg, gonzaga university

Microsoft at Campus Technology Summit

leave a comment »

My actual internship project is to develop the fiscal year 2008 marketing strategy for the Windows Live@edu product offering, but recently I got charged with managing Microsoft’s presence at the upcoming Campus Technology Summit. 

Organizing the Microsoft presence at the event has been a challenge due to the short timeframe, but I have enjoyed the opportunity to work across many teams and groups in pulling this event together.  Microsoft is actually one of the platinum sponsors at the event and it should be a fabulous opportunity for us to get out there and let people know about our great product.  We have a large booth space (10′ by 40′) and in addition to the Live@edu team we will have many other teams represented.

Campus Technology Summit is an annual conference held by the Campus Technology magazine.  The conference will take place in Washington, DC from July 30th through August 2ndIt attracts a crowd of about 800, which are divided into the following categories: 50% IT decision makers and IT pros (CIO’s, VPs of Information Technology, Chief Technology Officers, IT Directors, IT Managers, Network/System Administrators), 25% university administration (CEO’s, Chancellors, Chief Academic Officers, Deans, Registrars, Business Managers, Directors of Academic Computing, Library Directors), and 25% Tech-Savvy Faculty (Department Chairs, Professors/Instructors). 

Along with Microsoft, Trumba (a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner) and HP are also platinum sponsors of the event.  If you want to see a list of all the other sponsors check out this list: http://www.campustechnology.com/mcv/conference/exhibithall/sponsors/ 

I will be traveling to the event and will keep all of you updated on the planning and my experience at the event.

Advertisements

Written by markusw

July 18, 2007 at 5:18 pm

Posted in News/Blogging

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: